What a yummy way to combine tofu and chocolate! To create this delicious and cruelty free treat, I first searched for a good recipe. I found this one in my MercyForAnimals.org’s Vegetarian Starter Kit. I used:
1 lb. of firm tofu (though the recipe calls for 1 1/4 lbs. silken tofu)
3/4 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup of organic sugar (optional)
1. First melt the chocolate chips. Set aside.
2. Blend the tofu to a puree.
3. Add melted chocolate to blender. Blend to smooth consistency.
4. Add sugar to taste. I love sweets, so we added a full cup!
5. Either pour the mousse into 6 dessert bowls and chill, or pour mousse into a container (like a quart size yogurt container) and chill.
This is one of my favorite ways to indulge my love affair with chocolate and not feel guilty about it (for sake of the animals and my hips).
Do you have any favorite tofu dessert recipes? If so, I hope you’ll share with the rest of us!